Sunday 13 November 2011

Welcome!! A brief summation as to why and where it all started

Welcome to my new Blog! :)

This Blog will be focused on another hobby of mine Model Engineering, the background of this being I've always had a fascination of planes, trains, rockets, architecture, cars and anything else that somewhere down the line has involved engineering problems, design and manufacture. I have my grandfather to thank for this entirely and my dad for noticing that at a young age I had a way with my hands that spelt out ENGINEER.

About 2 years ago I joined the Vale of Aylesbury Model Engineering Society and spend most Sunday's and any Wednesdays I can spare helping out at their club site at Buckinghamshire Railway Centre. Now I had been visiting this site once or twice a year since I was very small and had a major influence on my interest and needless to say lead to my joining of the society. This made me look into model engineering with a much more serious attitude and I felt compel d to join in with the ranks and build my own machine.

The Finished Article SHOULD look like this.
Anyway getting back on topic this Blog will open with my currently started project a 2 Inch to the Foot Scale Minnie Traction Engine.

Regards Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment